Tuesday, June 4, 2013

As I walked around the NARWAL VEGETABLE MANDI ,JAMMU CITY.

    Its business as usual ,inside the NARWAL VEGETABLE-FRUIT MANDI(Market), Jammu City. By the break of dawn ,ie. 6am , it starts bustling with activities here....Basically ,its the prime wholesale market of the region. Since we started to live in this city, the first thing that struck me ,was the cost of Vegs. & fruits ,brought to the doorstep of houses across the city. I felt that its just looting of the customers .I wanted to find the main mandi,when someone guided me to this wholesale market . Its walking distance from Jammu-Tawi station.
 The Business ,inside the Narwal Veg.& Fruit Market, Jammu City.

     I have so-far visited the place twice; once around 10am ..when I found each type of vegs. were sold of in 10Rs/kg price( throwaway pricing)....only problem is that ,one need to purchase atleast a Kg of each type of Veg.  I returned back home with 4big bags of Vegs.& fruits .....Next ,time I went there, it was around 7am in the morning , & the pricing only was 15Rs/Kg of each type of vegs.   I just don't know, who fix up such standard pricing...But Felt happy to return back home with bags ful of Vegs. & Fruits at such throw-away prices.
Both the tungawala & theSUV's making its way into the mandi.

Often, people of this area fail to visit the place instead & landup being looted by vendors who bring their items from the market & sell it of at double, triple the price. I felt that ,since this region sees a lot of flow of money ,it hardly matters to what they bring home or how much they are being looted.....This generation ,lives & Loves all junk foods & Dominos/ McD/KFC's fills their stomach instead.  
KASHROD-a very local Veg. of this region(don't know any reciepe,though).

  Its time that each one of us ,should be concerned about ,what we eat,How fit are we,& How healthy we feel ourselves...It had been a good experience ,as I walked around the mandi & thought to potray it in my blog ,so that someone else too can benefit & Live a Healthy Life with Lots of Vegetables & Fruits on their daily palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment