Saturday, January 3, 2015

FROZEN MORNING ON DAL LAKE, SRINAGAR (J&K).

It was 25th Dec 2014 that we reached Srinagar by road from Jammu city....by the time we reached it was quite late but everyone in our group wanted to stay in houseboat,  but I was not the ready mentally  as it's my 2nd trip there and I would sense the difficult  night ahead. ....but had to give into the wishes  of everyone... 


When we reached our houseboat by the shikara it was almost -5c. ....but everyone was so excited to enjoy the chill  that I had to make myself understand that it's going to be exciting morning next when we wake up....The houseboat was provided with bukhari, ie a heating system using firewood. ...but it was our bad luck that my midnight both our electric blanket that was provided to us and bukhari stopped working and both myself and my husband  had a sleepless night...kept wondering why we didn't bring along our own electric blanket and hot pot as even couldn't drink a sip of the freezing cold drinking water......

It was 6am when my alarm rang on my mobile and I wanted to get out of my bed......but it was so dark outside that I had to wait till  the birds on the Dal lake starts calling.....
House boat on Dal lake.
This was our 2nd stay in a houseboat but it's first hand experience after the massive floods of Jammu and kashmir on 5th sept 2014. It was around 7 am that I took up my camera and walked in total darkness of the houseboat to its front as I had some ideas to take snaps at break of dawn....
It was just freezing at -2/-4c  outside and my whole body started aching but I wanted to execute my ideas of shots so had to stay on......at places could see the top layer of water of dal lake turning ice sheets....but truely amazing site to frame on my lens...All my friends and husband was fast asleep and me in chilling cold framing some unbelievable moments on my lens for everyone to enjoy.......Even found a frozen rose plant which in darkness I mistook as plastic one..... but inevitable it had been an amazing experience to frame the partly frozen dal lake....Rest my pics will speak for itself ....hope all who go down thru my blog will love to see and enjoy .....


No comments:

Post a Comment